23 Şubat 2022 Çarşamba

"Beat & Release": Gun-to-the-Head Was Merely Good Fun, Says 'The Joker'

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 23 February 2022)













             "Sadly, she just doesn't have a sense of humor."


In Kahramanmaraş on 22 July 2020, bank director Turabi K. (50) 
took a gun from a security guard and pointed it at the head of Melis B.
(34), the bank's customer relations expert.  When Melis B. filed a 
police complaint, accompanied by security camera footage, Turabi K.
was fired and a case was filed against him for "threatening with a gun",
a crime that calls for up to 5 years in prison. 

At the 3rd hearing of the case in a Kahramanmaraş court, which 
Turabi K. did not attend, the decision was made to obtain a statement 
from him at his current location so he appeared before a judge in Mersin
to give his statement. 

Once again, Turabi K. asserted that he had not threatened Melis B.
Rather, he said that "the entire incident was a joke.  I don't know why 
Melis B. filed a complaint.  Everyone who worked at our bank branch 
then was surprised about her complaint because it was all just a joke." (!)

However, when asked about claims that right after the incident occurred 
Turabi K. called Melis B. and said "I'm coming to kill you!", Turabi K.
explained that "the reason I called her was to find out why Melis B. 
had reacted the way she did to this joke.  In the course of this phone call,
her older brother asked me a number of times 'are you coming to kill her?' 
The first time he asked this I didn't quite understand what he said and the
word 'Yes' blurted out of my mouth. When he asked this question again,
I said 'No, no.'  In no way did I mean to cause anyone harm."

After Turabi K.'s statement was taken, the court postponed the trial until
certain matters were resolved.     

















Turabi K.: "See, I do it to myself all the time. Ha ha ha."

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder