19 Nisan 2023 Çarşamba

"Beat & Release": He Wants Retroactive Forgiveness From Wife He Stabbed, in Bursa

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 19 April 2023)














           Puppy love. What could possibly go wrong?

In Bursa, Kenan Yılmaz (42) and Yüce Can Yılmaz (39) got married 
three years ago but they decided to separate in 2022.  On 16 January,
though, they got together at Kenan bey's home in Mudanya.  In the
ensuing argument (!), Kenan bey beat and stabbed Yüce Can hanım
six times in her midsection and calves.  

Kenan bey was arrested and Yüce Can hanım went to a hospital for
treatment.  At his trial Kenan bey explained that "when she insulted
me I grabbed a knife from the kitchen and started stabbing her.  At
one time she injured me with scissors and I forgave her so she ought
to forgive me now." (!) 

For her part, Yüce Can hanım said in court that "when I came in the
house he hit me, knocking my glasses off my face.  As I bent down to
pick up my glasses he started stabbing me. He didn't get the knife from
the kitchen, he had it on him.  I knew this because it wasn't one of the
knives kept in the house.  He stabbed my right calf 4 times, my left
calf once and my liver once.  That day I did not curse at him nor did
I speak the words he attributed to me."

The public prosecutor charged Kenan bey with "intent to murder his
wife" and asked for a life sentence.  The court committee decided to
continue Kenan bey's incarceration and postponed the hearing until
the defendant mounted a defense. 







Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder