4 Mayıs 2023 Perşembe

"Beat & Release": Scoundrel Caymaz Kills Musician Aymaz at Kadıköy Pier, in Istanbul

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 4 May 2023)














      "Böyle bir şey olMAZ!" (such a thing cannot happen!)

In Kadıköy, Istanbul, street musician Cihan Aymaz (29) was singing a 
song the evening before last at the pier in Kadıköy when Mehmet 
Caymaz (32) began to verbally harass a woman who was listening to
Aymaz's song.  This prompted Aymaz to warn Caymaz, who reacted 
by demanding that Aymaz sing a favorite song of his.  Aymaz declined
so Caymaz derisively threw some money at him.  

Again Aymaz refused to play Caymaz's favorite song, upon which
Caymaz pulled out a knife and stabbed Aymaz in his heart (!). Then
Caymaz thew Aymaz into the sea and jumped in himself to continue
the attack.  As onlookers on the pier screamed, Caymaz began to swim 
out to deeper water and Aymaz was pulled onto the pier.  A police boat
team apprehended Caymaz and took him into custody.  

Meanwhile, Aymaz was taken to a hospital, where he died.  Police
determined that Caymaz has a record of 13 previous crimes, including
drug use, assault, damaging property, and spewing threats and insults.
Aymaz had worked for a cargo company for 4 years before quitting to
sing on the street.

In his statement to police, Caymaz "explained" that "I was drinking on
the Kadıköy shore and I wanted them to play a song for me but they
yelled at me and started to threaten me.  When they hit me I pulled out
a knife and brandished it.  During the fight, this fellow named Cihan
fell into the water and as the bystanders kept hitting me so I jumped in
too.  As I was trying to save this fellow named Cihan (!) he was trying to
drown me.  I didn't want to kill him." 

 






Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder