24 Şubat 2020 Pazartesi

'Saran Wrap' PNG Treatment for Cameroonian


türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Sözcü Newspaper, 24 February 2020)

yolcu paketleme davit eboutou ile ilgili görsel sonucu
THY makes you pay for drinks, but the 'saran wrap' is free.

Davit Eboutou of Cameroon allegedly tried to enter Turkey at Istanbul
Airport with a fake visa and was expelled from the country after being
detained for six days.  However, scenes of him wrapped in transparent
stretch packaging (!) on his flight back to Cameroon's capital Yaounde
have become a trending topic in the French media.

According to what Eboutou told 'France 24', the situation developed as
follows:

"I wanted to go to Dubai with my partner to buy shoes so I got in touch
with a travel agency.  The flight to Dubai on 21 January had an eight-hour
layover in Istanbul.  While my wife waited in the transit lounge, I wanted
to go out into the airport's shopping area.  But when I went through
passport control they said my transit visa was fake so they took me to a
holding area." 

saran wrap ile ilgili görsel sonucu
Company disclaimer:"Saran Wrap doesn't wrap people. 
People wrap people."

"They took my phone and made me sign some papers I couldn't read
because they were in Turkish.  I wanted a lawyer but the official there
refused my request.  I don't know whether the official was police,
Gendarmerie or what because he wasn't wearing a uniform.  On 28
January they said they were sending me back to Cameroon. In a room
with about a dozen Turkish officers, they handcuffed me and put a gag
in my mouth.  Then, they wrapped me in the transparent stretch
packaging film."

"When the other passengers on the plane saw my condition they objected.
My wife took a video of the whole thing as proof.  While I was wrestling
with the police on the plane my blue jeans remained on the seat.  There
were 2,400 Euros in the pocket that I intended to use for purchases in
Dubai.  But when I got my pants back the money was gone."

yolcu paketleme davit eboutou ile ilgili görsel sonucu
                                     Before & after.

"On 4 February I returned to my home in Cameroon.  Between my
travel agency expenses and everything else I lost about 10,500 Euros
on the trip.  But my good name is bruised now and no one wants to
trade with me.  If I can I'm going to file a complaint against Turkish
Airlines."

The Turkish immigration service İl Göç İdaresi said in a statement that
the treatment imposed on Eboutou was 'unacceptable' and two
inspectors have been assigned to investigate the case.  Additionally,
İl Göç issued this explanation: "We tried to expel the concerned
foreigner three times on 21,22 and 27 January but he resisted.  On the
third try, he took off all his clothes on the plane so he could not be
transported.   By implementing measures (!) on the fourth attempt,
we were able to send him back to Cameroon on 30 January."

turkey cameroon map ile ilgili görsel sonucu

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder