23 Kasım 2020 Pazartesi

"Beat & Release": Ambulance Driver Attacked by Policeman...uh...Realtor

türkçe links to original Turkish article.

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 22 November 2020)














Realtor-turned-'policeman' Davut D. restrained as 
medical 'white knight' Başbay makes a point.


The day before yesterday on Atatürk Avenue in the Cumhuriyet quarter
of Hatay's Kırıkhan district, ambulance driver Mustafa Başbay set out
to pick up a patient with a COVID diagnosis and bring the ill person
to the hospital.  However, the driver of a car with plate 06 DR 9108
would not yield the road to Başbay's ambulance so an argument ensued.

The enraged driver declared that he was a policeman, as he attacked
Başbay, whose face was bloodied by the assault.  The driver got back
in his car and sped off.  But Başbay obtained a medical report and filed
a police complaint about the driver.  Police took the driver Davut D. 
into custody and learned that rather than being a policeman, he is a 
realtor (!).  In any event, Davut D. was released after processing at the 
police station. (!!)












      Good thing he had his ambulance handy.

After his hospital treatment, Başbay described what happened: 
"I was rushing to pick up a patient and as I proceeded in the left lane
he cut in front of me. So I said to him 'why did you do that?!' In 
response, he shouted that 'you have no right to pass here!'   He said
he was a policeman and the relative of an important person in 
Kırıkhan.  We got out of our vehicles and right away he head-
butted me and kept on beating me.  The police came and I filed a
complaint on behalf of myself and all health workers.  What 
happened to me today will happen to someone else tomorrow."



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder