2 Aralık 2022 Cuma

"Beat & Release": Male Doctor's Nose Broken by Hubby for Treating His Wife, in Izmir

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Cumhuriyet Newspaper, 2 December 2022)














                                Unhealthy chivalry.

In Izmir at the Tepecik Women's Maternity Hospital at around 2 o'clock
in the afternoon the day before yesterday, an argument erupted between
M. Ali Kınıç, who wanted a female doctor to examine his wife, and
maternity assistant Dr. Furkan Balcı (29).  In the course of the argument, 
Kınıç punched Balcı, breaking his nose. 

When Balcı was examined for the broken nose it was determined that
the accompanying head trauma was life-threatening.  Kınıç was taken
into custody by police.  Balcı explained in his statement to police that
"as I was getting ready to treat the patient she said 'I don't want a male
doctor!' and she wanted her husband to come into the examination room.
I explained to her that he was not allowed to come in so she left the room."

"Then I heard loud banging on my door and opened it and found the 
suspect screaming at me: 'what were you doing to my wife?!'  He came 
after me so I pushed him away in self-defense.  Then he punched me
in the nose."  As for Kınıç, he told police that "the doctor behaved 
poorly toward my wife."  At the police station, Kınıç became ill (!)
and was taken to a hospital but jailed after treatment.



















Female doctors wanted: must be on call 24 hours a day. 


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder