26 Aralık 2023 Salı

"Beat & Release": Swindler Bilks 30 Co-Workers Out of 6 Million TL, in Istanbul

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 26 December 2023)














       Man of mystery M.R.B. That's not a love letter.

We can add another fraud incident to the recent rash of such episodes 
based on promised, but illusory, profits.  Hülya Yıldırım, a textile 
workshop employee in Fatih, Istanbul, claims to have been swindled out 
of 280,000 TL (about $10,000) by her co-worker of 20 years M.R.B. (!)

In September, M.R.B. bamboozled 30 people at a cost to them of 
6 million TL (about $200,000), telling them "I've gotten an inheritance.  
I'm rich now and getting into gold.  I'll give you a share and we'll all
make a lot of money."  In the first months of the swindle, M.R.B. paid
his many "investors" back with interest to gain their trust.  Three months
later, though, he said "I'm going to my village to collect my inheritance."
M.R.B. hasn't been seen since, prompting 15 of his 30 victims to file
police complaints. 

Hülya hanım, one of M.R.B.'s "investors", received this voice message
from him: "This is the situation. At first, everything was going well and
I was making payments regularly.  But it's all a lie.  I was buying and
selling to make the payments, trying various ways. You may ask how 
was this money paid?  Your money was minimal, while another's was
3 million TL.  I didn't know what to do.  I said I'd repay the debts. 
But go and complain if you want. Bring it on!  Go on TV, do whatever
you want!"

Hülya hanım lamented that "he told me I'd make more money so he had
me take out another bank card from a different bank. In the third month,
all my accounts were emptied (!).  He used to come with handfuls of 
money to the textile workshop, winning our trust.  But 30 of us have 
been hoodwinked out of 6 million TL.

M.R.B. making the rounds...




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder