11 Aralık 2023 Pazartesi

"Beat & Release": His Taxi Runs on Cocaine, Not Gas; Best to Hail Another One, in Istanbul

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 11 December 2023)
























    "It's on the coffee table...help yourself." 

On 23 March, narcotics police stopped a taxi at the Bursa North toll gate
on the Istanbul-Izmir highway for a routine check.  Taxi driver M.T.K.'s 
demeanor, though, aroused suspicion and during a search of the car 60 
grams of rock cocaine were found hidden in various places.  M.T.K. was 
jailed and charged  with drug trafficking, with a 15-year sentence 
requested. 

As the investigation continued, video taken by a friend was found and 
showed M.T.K. snorting cocaine on the Istanbul Bosphorus Bridge, to 
the delight of his friend.  M.T.K. has been in prison in Bursa for the
past 8.5 months and other videos have emerged of him with illegal 
drugs in his taxi.  Another video from his home showed a bowl filled
with rock cocaine.  

In his statement to police, M.T.K. explained that "because I'm constantly
in my taxi I use cocaine.  I normally buy it from Izmir.  The day I was
arrested I was taking my friend to see his girlfriend in Istanbul.  We 
met a drug seller in Istanbul and I bought some drugs from him.  If 
I hadn't been caught I would have used the cocaine found in my car."

M.T.K. is proud of his alternative energy discovery. 







Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder