19 Haziran 2023 Pazartesi

"Beat & Release": "Fearless" Spider-Man Wannabe Kid Falls 5 Floors and Survives, in Arnavutköy

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 19 June 2023)














                     Soft landing not always guaranteed. 

In Arnavutköy, Istanbul, five-and-half-year-old Berzan Korkmaz 
(whose surname means "fearless" (!)) jumped fom his family's
home's fifth-floor window, inspired by Spider Man videos he'd
watched on his grandmother's cellphone. (!)   

Berzan's 3-year-old brother Miran told their grandmother, making dinner 
in the kitchen, that his brother had fallen.  The grandmother then informed
the boys' father Fatih Kormaz, a back-hoe operator, and he rushed home -
only to find Berzan without a scratch on him. (!)  Nevertheless, Berzan
stayed in a hospital for two days under observation but doctors released
him, amazed that the boy had survived the fall without injury. 

Father Fatih Korkmaz related that "when I asked my son what happened
he said 'Dad, I flew like Spider-Man but my brother didn't jump with me.
When Spider-Man jumps he saves people.  My brother was going to save
me but he didn't and I fell to the ground.'  Berzan watched Spider-Man
videos on his grandmother's phone and kept saying 'I'll climb buildings
and fly like Spider-Man!'  Children shouldn't be allowed to watch such
things and I won't let him ever watch Spider-Man again."

Dr. Mehmet Çakmak, who treated Berzan, stated that "this week two 
children came to our clinic for this reason.  Generally, we lose the 
children in such incidents.  It's a miracle that Berzan suffered no bone
breaks or internal injuries. I've never encountered such a thing in my
professional career.  Berzan was lucky that he hit the ground in a
sitting position.  When falls like this happen people should not pick
up the person and should call 112 (911) right away because any wrong
movement of the victim could result in paralysis."






Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder