27 Haziran 2023 Salı

"Beat & Release": He Confessed to Shooting Them, They Claimed it Wasn't Him, in Bursa

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 27 June 2023)














Left & right: toilet-training failures; center: chivalrous confessor.

In Bursa's Yıldırım district, Ayberk Demirok confessed to shooting Fuat
Gürbüz and Cihangir Muratoğlu but the victims asserted that someone
other than Demirok shot them so they did not file police complaints 
against Demirok. (!)

The incident took place in a wooded area of Yıldırım on 18 February, 
when Muratoğlu (40) and  Gürbüz (35) were relieving themselves (sans
toilet facilities) while drinking together and Demirok (23) was strolling 
nearby with his girlfriend M.K..  Demirok scolded the two, who then laughed
and made fun of Demirok for his excessive propriety.  Enraged, Demirok
fired his unlicensed revolver at the two, wounding them.  

While Muratoğlu and Gürbüz were being taken to a hospital, Demirok
turned himself in to the police.  Demirok was jailed and at his first court
hearing he stated that "they were coming after me so I shot my unlicensed
gun, which I'd bought for 4,000 TL, at their feet.  I didn't know them before
and there was no enmity between us.  I request release from jail."  

In response to a question at the hearing by the judge, Demirok said that he
shot his gun with his right hand.  However (!), Gürbüz asserted that it 
wasn't Demirok who shot him.  Explaining further, Gürbüz stated that 
"the shooter was taller and bigger than him, in fact much taller.  The
shooter stood behind his girlfriend as he shot at me and he was lefthanded.
I have no complaint against the suspect at this hearing."

Muratoğlu concurred with Gürbüz's statement, insisting that the person 
who shot them was not Demirok.  Consequently, the court released 
Demirok, on the condition that he not leave the country.  The astonished
judge noted that "In my 20 years as a judge this is the first time I've 
released someone who'd said 'I'm guilty'".  Witness M.K. will be required
to appear at the next hearing to give her testimony. 








Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder