2 Eylül 2026 Çarşamba

"Impound & Release": Stray Donkey Freed After Tow Truck Ride, in Ankara

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Yeni Şafak newspaper, 2 September 2026)
























"Failure to yield" fine - so stubborn!

A donkey that got lost in Ankara and ended up on the Protocol Road 
was found by the police and taken to a secure parking lot by a tow 
truck. The owner, who was reunited with his donkey after paying a 
fine of 1,246 lira, created some colorful scenes.

A donkey that went missing in Ankara's Altındağ district was found 
by police teams following a tip-off from citizens and taken to a 
secure parking lot by a tow truck. The owner, Orhan Figan, who 
learned the donkey's location thanks to a video he saw on social 
media, was reunited with his animal after paying a fine of 1,246 TL 
(about $25).

Figan stated that he learned about his donkey being in the impound 
lot through social media, saying, "My friend messaged me late at 
night saying, 'I found your donkey.' I asked, 'Where did you find it?' 
He said, 'In the impound lot,' but I didn't believe him. My friend told 
me he found it on social media and sent me a link. After clicking the l
ink, I learned that a citizen had found my donkey on Protocol Road. 
After finding the donkey, the citizen called 112. When the police 
couldn't reach anyone, they called a tow truck. They loaded the donkey 
onto the tow truck like a normal vehicle. They tied it tightly without 
harming it. Then they took the donkey to the impound lot."

Reunited: a boy and his mule.















Figan stated that he went to the parking lot at night to retrieve his 
donkey, saying, "After seeing the video, I immediately called 112 and 
spoke with the police. The staff there said, 'Your donkey is in the 
impound lot, but you won't find anyone there at night.' I said, 'I've 
found my donkey, I need to get it.' I went to the impound lot around 
2:30 AM. Thankfully, the police officers had already given the donkey 
food and water. The police said, 'Take your donkey, but we need to fine 
you for this.' They issued a fine receipt and handed my donkey back 
to me."



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder