13 Eylül 2018 Perşembe

Cat-hater Taxi Driver


türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Milliyet Newspaper, 13 September 2018)

taxi driver travis bickle ile ilgili görsel sonucu
      Police are searching for this man.

In Istanbul the evening before last, Boğaziçi University chemistry
student İrem Ok (22) got into a taxi (plate nr. 34 TFN 98) with her
cat in a cage, in order to go from the university's Rumeli Hisarı
campus to Gayrettepe.  Ok told the driver she wanted him to stop
by her house to pick up another cat.

The taxi driver, though, claimed he was allergic to cats and refused
to go get the other cat.  Hearing this, Ok reminded the driver that
she had initially gotten into the taxi with a cat. (!)  Nevertheless,
the driver again refused so Ok tried to get out of the taxi.  She
related that "He said to me 'give me my money!' So I said, 'if you
take me to Gayrettepe I'll give you your money.'  He countered,
'what am I, an ambulance?! I won't take a cat!'  He started driving
way too fast so I told him I wanted to get out.  He didn't stop so
I opened the door anyway.  He slowed down, but then speeded up
again. I had to jump out of the taxi!"

taksici kabusu irem ok ile ilgili görsel sonucu
  Like her cats, luckily Irem hanım has 9 lives.

After jumping out, the injured Ok was beaten by the enraged taxi
driver.  When she screamed for help, the driver began to choke her,
while he kept on hitting her.  Ok was rescued by a passer-by and
the driver fled.  Ok obtained a medical report to document her
injuries and filed a complaint with Istanbul authorities.  She hopes
the driver will be found and punished.

cat in cage ile ilgili görsel sonucu
                         "Sigh..."


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder