29 Eylül 2018 Cumartesi

Elderly Bike-rider, Father of Slain Soldier, Attacked by Nationalist District Chief


türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Milliyet Newspaper, 28 September 2018)

hasan şimşek bahri atakul ile ilgili görsel sonucu
Bahri Atakul with wife Cennet and the late Hamza.

The incident occurred on Atatürk Avenue in Dalaman,
Muğla province, on 24 September.  Bahri Atakul (75),
the father of a Gendarmerie private Hamza Atakul, who
was killed in a clash with the PKK in Mardin's Midyat
district in 1992, was attacked by MHP (Nationalist
Peoples Party) District Chief Hasan Şimşek while
Atakul was riding his bicycle. (!)

Video from the scene shows that Şimşek had left his
pick-up truck in a parking lot in front of  the Dalaman
municipal building and hid in wait behind a nearby
ATM.  When Atakul passed by on his bike, Şimşek
pounced on him and began punching him.  With
Atakul lying on the ground, Şimşek got back into his
truck, while passers-by came to Atakul's aid and took
him to a hospital for treatment of injuries that included
bruises on his arm and face and breakage of his glasses
and false teeth.

In his statement to police Atakul explained that "All of
a sudden someone attacked me with punches and I
fell to the ground. He again started punching and
insulting me. People then came to help me and as I
got up I recognized my assailant as MHP District
Chief Hasan Şimşek."

hasan şimşek bahri atakul ile ilgili görsel sonucu
Conduct unbecoming a flag-waving nationalist.

Continuing, Atakul said that "I have had no previous
problem with the person who attacked me but I'm
suing him. I gave a son to this nation and what has
been done to me is inhumane.  This is shameful
behavior by someone who calls himself a nationalist.
Also, it is inexcusable behavior toward an elder like
me. Justice will be done."

As for the (somewhat) chastened Şimşek, he stated that
"A person on a bike came out in front of me suddenly. I
almost had an accident.  When I scolded him he made a
hand gesture toward me.  In the darkness, I couldn't
see who he was.  He crossed in front of me again
at the municipal building and I beat him up. I regret
having been in an argument with the father of a
martyr and I would like to apologize.  But he wasn't
as badly hurt as he claims to have been. (!)  I'm ready
to talk to him so he will rescind his complaint and
accept my apology. It was a moment of madness,
I'm sorry."

dalaman haritası ile ilgili görsel sonucu


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder