5 Eylül 2020 Cumartesi

Ankara Family Drama Redux : Surgeon Fires Radomly from Balcony; Daughter Killed Mother 12 Years Ago

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 5 September 2020)

www.cayyolum.com | Çayyolu Bilgi Portalı | KORU ROTARY'den toplantı "Erken  tanı hayat kurtarır"


The evening before last in the Çankaya neighborhood of Ankara, one of
Turkey's most renowned surgeons, Prof. Dr. Semih Aydıntuğ, began
shooting randomly from his apartment balcony.  His panicking 
neighbors called police but Aydıntuğ even shot at the police when they
arrived, riddling two empty police cars with bullets. 

Despite calls for him to surrender, Aydıntuğ continued firing so police
evacuated his neighbors from the building.  Finally, after 7 hours, 
Aydıntuğ, who was drunk, was taken into custody.  A search of his 
house yielded 3 'pompalı tüfenk' (pump-action rifles), a revolver and
nearly 300 rounds of ammunition. 

In his statement to police, Aydıntuğ explained that "I've been a 
surgeon for 40 years. Because of my psychological problems, I don't
know what I did or why I did it.  I was home alone and began to 
destroy my mountain-climbing gear. I was the one who fired the gun
but I really don't remember it."  

"I didn't shoot at anything in particular.  I wasn't myself in those 
moments.  My psychology has been disrupted lately by the 
coronavirus-related deaths of my patients and colleagues.  I'm sorry 
and regretful for what's happened."


Aile boyu dram - Son Dakika Haberler

On 24 March 2008, Aytıntuğ's daughter Başak Aytıntuğ killed her
mother, Prof. Dr. Olcay Tiryaki, by cutting her throat.  In her
statement to police at that time, Başak Aytıntuğ, who is still in jail,
explained that "I quarreled with this person and that's why I have
these cuts on my throat and my body.  This person did not want to 
do me harm." 

"When I said that I wanted to die, this person said to me 'If it
will make you feel better, do whatever you want.'  and the person
gave me a knife.  I tried to cut my own throat but I couldn't make 
the penetration and when I saw the blood I knew I couldn't do it to 
myself.  Then I went to the bathroom and prayed.  This person had
punished me four times - the last time being when the person made
me kill my mother."

Prof. Dr. Olcay Tiryaki had had an impressive career, having earned
Ph.D.'s in England and Germany in internal medicine, clinical 
immunology and rheumatology, and publishing 43 scientific articles
in Turkey and 38 abroad.   She was also a member of 9 scientific
organizations. 

ANKARA
             Çankaya is just southeast of Ankara city center.




    

 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder