21 Nisan 2021 Çarşamba

Alimony Victims Unite! Join the March on Istanbul!

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Milliyet Newspaper, 21 April 2021)

how we got here click here for the first TNT report.

















                Putting his shoe leather where his mouth is.

Mustafa Duman (32) of Pehlivan village in Kastamonu province married
A.R.B. D. in October 2017, after having met her on the internet two years 
before.  After the wedding, A.R.B.D. returned to her family in Istanbul
and Duman hasn't seen her since then.  But now Duman has to pay his
ex-wife of one day 700 TL (about $90) per month in alimony. (!)

To protest this situation, Duman is walking all the way from his village
to Istanbul.  Now in the eighth day of his trek, Duman has reached 
Sakarya, declaring that there are many alimony victims like himself and
the time has come for a solution.  

Duman, who hopes to reach Istanbul on Friday, lamented that "the 
creditors and repossessors are at my door every day.  The other family's 
lawyer is trying to scare me with various threats. They're telling me that
the total alimony has accumulated to 20,000 TL and they're sending 
enforcement orders.  I haven't been able to get a divorce for four years 
but because of her suit's judgement, I have to pay 700 TL per month
in alimony.  There are lots of victims like me.  When I see the messages
they send to me I get sad and cry."



















                       The long march against alimony!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder