20 Nisan 2021 Salı

"Beat & Release": Like a Broken Record

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 20 April 2021)














                          Hmmm this looks familiar.

On 9 December 2020 in Ereğli, Zonguldak, Çağla Çiçekçi (22) and her
housemate/ex-boyfriend (!) Ufuk Özel had dinner and drinks.  (Perhaps
inevitably,) an argument erupted and Özel choked Çağla hanım to the 
point of fainting.  Then, Özel got a knife from the kitchen counter and 
wounded Çağla hanım in her neck and abdomen.  

Çağla hanım (somehow) escaped through a window and was taken to a
hospital.  Özel was arrested and jailed.  Following the completion of the
investigation, Özel was charged with "murder with intent to kill" and
"insulting" (!), with an attendant jail term of from 9 to 17 years.  
However, Özel filed a suit of his own against Çağla hanım for "wounding
with intent" and "insulting". 


















Maybe a housemate/ex-boyfriend isn't the best for a 
dinner and drinks partner.

The trial will begin in the coming days in an Ereğli court.  Çağla hanım
stated that "while we were chatting an argument erupted. I wanted him
to leave so he choked me and I passed out.  When I came to I was in
the living room and he was stabbing me.  I saw the knife in his hand and
the blood.  He was crying.  That's when I jumped out the window to save
myself.  I don't remember anything else." 

Continuing, Çağla hanım explained that "I've been through a very bad
time.  My psychology isn't at all normal.  I can't stay at home alone. I'm
having panic attacks and nightmares.  Whenever I see my wounds I
relive those moments.  The trial is starting. Let justice prevail."




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder