13 Nisan 2021 Salı

"Beat & Release": Depth of Brutality That Just Scratches the Surface

türkçe  links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper 13 April 2021)














               The thinking man's maniac and his muse.


In Antalya, Gülsüm Demiray (22) filed a complaint against her abusive 
boyfriend Aziz Seyis and got a restraining order against him.  
Nevertheless, Seyis came to Gülsüm hanım's home with a knife in his
hand and leaned on her front door in a threatening manner.  He left but
not before scratching her door with his knife. (!)

Gülsüm hanım explained to police that Seyis would beat her on the 
slightest pretext, adding that "the violence began in the fourth month 
of our relationship. I've endured violence from him with a belt, a
knife, a gun and all sorts of other things.  He has beaten me at my home, 
his home, outside in front of other people, in the car. When I told him I
wanted to break up he beat me."

"He came to my door with a knife and the next day he came to my
workplace and he's threatened me and my family with death.  So I
filed a complaint but he violated the restraining order, called me and
messaged me.  Then he came in his car to my street. I included his
calls and messages in my complaint but he was not charged. I don't
want to die!"

















"You have 30 seconds to open this door. What happens after
that is on you!"

As for Seyis, he stated that the pictures that Gülsüm hanım posted on
social media of herself with black and blue marks around her eyes
and on her arms were old. (!):  "when we first met in 2019, she showed
me the same photographs and told me 'look what my old boyfriend did
to me!'  Now she's trying to say that I was the one who beat her in those
photos.  As for the door-scratching incident, that's true.  When we had
a fight she scratched my car so I said to her 'I'll come and we'll talk. If
you don't open the door I'll scratch it!'"

"But I also said that I wouldn't harm her.  The incident only involved the
scratch on the door.  She fooled all her social media followers with the
pictures, which are from before my time.  She's closed that account and
opened a new one to increase her followers, in my opinion."

















Everything old is new again.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder