19 Ocak 2024 Cuma

"Beat & Release": "Uzi" Replacing "Pompalı Tüfenk" as Woman-killer?, in Istanbul

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 19 January 2024)













                   "I have enemies, especially myself."

The evening before last in Bayrampaşa, Istanbul, Nazlı Elmas (20) 
went to the home of her boyfriend Eniz Kurtuluş (25).  Soon, the sound
of rapid-fire gunfire was heard coming from the flat because Kurtuluş
had fired an Uzi revolver, generally used for assassinations, at Nazlı 
hanım, who sustained wounds in her legs and midsection.  She was 
taken unconscious to a hospital, where she remains in critical 
condition.



















Police found Kurtuluş's Uzi and empty cartridges in the flat, nabbing
Kurtuluş himself on a street in the neighborhood.  At the police station
Kurtuluş, who has a police record, "explained" that "I got the Uzi 
because I have enemies.  There was no one else in the flat.  While I
was examing the gun it went in to rapid-fired mode by accident (!)
and I saw that Nazlı had been hit so I called 112 (911).  It was an
accident."  

Nevertheless, Kurtuluş was charged with attempted murder and 
illegal drug use and was jailed. 

Bayrampaşa district of Istanbul







Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder