21 Şubat 2024 Çarşamba

"Beat & Release": Estranged Thieves Can't Get Their Stories Straight, in Istanbul

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 21 February 2024)














 Turkey's next astronauts. Will need separate capsules. 

In Pendik district of Istanbul, two thieves who entered a house attracted
the attention of policemen guarding the nearby district chief's office so the
thieves opened fire on the police (!).   When the policemen returned fire
the two thieves fled on a motorcycle.  

The police identified the thieves as Salih Özmen and Seyithan Karataş.
Özmen, who has a police record of seven past crimes, was arrested in
Kadıköy.  In his statement to police, Özmen claimed that "I haven't 
spoken with Seyithan Karataş for four years.  I wasn't there that night."
As for Karataş, he was nabbed in a friend's home in Şile and jailed. 

In his statement, Karataş "explained" that "until I was taken to the police
station I didn't know why I'd been arrested.  We thought that the police
came because we fired a rifle at the hawks threatening the pigeons. (!)
I've known Salih Özmen for a long time but we've been on bad terms for
3-4 years.  We don't like each other so that's probably why he slandered
me.  I wasn't involved in the incident."




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder