7 Şubat 2024 Çarşamba

"Bikini & Release": She Just Had to Get Something Off Her Chest, in Istanbul

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 7 February 2024)














            Beach blanket bingo, without the beach.

On 10 December 2023, Melisa Aydınalp walked along the street in 
Suadiye, Istanbul, wearing only a bikini and a "pareo" (a scanty skirt)
and carrying a placard that read "freedom for breasts" (!).  A passer-by
grabbed the placard, ripped it up and an argument ensued. 

Quite a storm on social media prompted the Anatolia Public Prosecutor
to investigate and, subsequently, Melisa hanım was taken into custody.
In her statement to police she said that "I was exercising my right to 
protest and my friend took a picture of me.  No part of my body was
exposed (!) and I was not behaving in an unbecoming manner.  Whenever
I wear normal (!) outfits like this I get taken into custody.  This situation 
is affecting my educational life because I'm constantly experiencing the
same thing."

Melisa hanım has been barred from leaving the country and in recent
days has been charged by the public prosecutor with "behaving in a 
shameless manner", with a possible sentence of up to a year in jail. 

"Hey guys, take a break."



















Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder