türkçe links to original Turkish article
(Hürriyet Newspaper, 4 August 2026)
Volatile pear market...must be an Iran war effect.
A dispute broke out between a female customer and a market vendor
in Beyoğlu district of Istanbul over choosing pears (!). According to
the allegations, market vendor Selahattin Ş. (55) warned Nurcihan
Yıkılkan (50), saying, "Sister, I sell these, we earn our living from them.
Don't damage the products." When the argument escalated into a fight,
Selahattin Ş. threw a wooden plank at Nurcihan Y.'s head. Yıkılkan,
injured and bleeding profusely, received 10 stitches to her head at the
hospital. Selahattin Ş. was taken into custody and subsequently arrested
by the court.
Speaking about the incident, Nurcihan Yıkılkan said, "He suddenly hit
me on the head. I was covered in blood. Should women be treated like
this? Don't they have mothers, fathers, wives, and children?"
The incident occurred on Monday, July 27th, around 7:00 PM at the
neighborhood market in Kulaksız. During the argument, Selahattin Ş.
insulted and swore at Nurcihan Yıkılkan. Selahattin Ş. then threw a
wooden plank at Nurcihan Yıkılkan's head. Nurcihan Yıkılkan, injured
by the plank, was attended to by medical and police teams who were
dispatched to the scene after bystanders reported the incident.
Selahattin Ş. defending his pears' ripeness.
Selahattin Ş., who was detained by police, is being prosecuted for
"intentional injury." While the investigation continues, Selahattin Ş.,
after being processed at the police station, was referred to the courthouse
and subsequently arrested by the court.
Nurcihan Yıkılkan, speaking about the incident, said, "I was cleaning.
Around 6:30-7:00 PM, my mother asked for pears. My mother is blind;
she is disabled, and she has no teeth. I said, 'Okay, Mom, I'll buy them.'
I was also doing housework. At that time, I went to the market. There
was a stall. There were some rotten fruits there. I was looking for some
for my mother. A man there said, 'What are you doing?' I said, 'Sir, my
mother is blind, and she has no teeth. I'm going to buy some unripe pears.'
He said, 'You can't.' I said, 'Please, sir.' He cursed, saying, 'Your mother...'
and said, 'You can't.' Suddenly, he hit me on the head. I couldn't understand
what happened; I was covered in blood. Should women's lives be like this?
Don't they have mothers, fathers, wives, and children? Can't we go to the
market? Can't we buy what we want?"
Hiç yorum yok:
Yorum Gönder