11 Ağustos 2026 Salı

"Whoops! & Release": Man Wrongly Jailed For 10 Days Due to ID Number Mix-up, in Antalya

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Izmir'de Son Dakika website, 11 August 2026)















                           Same name, wrong number.

An incident reminiscent of Ferhan Şensoy's film "Pardon," shot years ago, 
occurred in Antalya. Ali Süslü, a real estate agent, was summoned to the 
police station due to a case of mistaken identity, based on the claim that 
he had a confirmed prison sentence against him. After the proceedings, 
Süslü was sent to court, and despite stating that he didn't know what his 
crime was, he was sent to prison. Süslü, who recently had surgery, 
explained that after spending 10 days in an L-Type Closed Prison, 
it was revealed that the person being processed was not him, and he was 
released. (!)

Süslü recounted the process, saying it all began with his summons to the 
police station. He stated that despite having recently undergone surgery, 
he complied with the police call and went to the station, where he learned 
that there was a prison sentence against him. Süslü added...

“A police officer called me and said, ‘You have a document to sign. Please 
come to the police station.’ Even though I had just had surgery, I went 
there. I asked what my crime was. Because he couldn’t see the details, 
he said, ‘You will appear in court.’ They took me from there to the 
courthouse and put me in detention,” he said.

Süslü stated that he had asked what his crime was before being sent to 
prison, saying, “I just had surgery, why are you holding me, what is my 
crime?” He added that he was told he had a finalized sentence and had 
to serve it. Süslü claimed that he was then taken to an L-Type Closed 
Prison and stayed there for 10 days.

Life imitates art...and not in a good way.



























According to Süslü, the mistake was discovered during a psychological 
interview at the prison. He stated that he was taken to the psychologist 
on the ninth day, where a check of his identity information revealed that 
he was not the person being processed. Süslü described the incident a
s follows:

“The psychologist asked me questions and said, ‘Your crime is already 
clear.’ I replied, ‘I still don’t know what my crime is.’ When the 
psychologist opened the computer, he said, ‘Ali Süslü, yes, the name is 
mine, but the Turkish Republic identity numbers are not the same.’ 
They started laughing.”

Süslü stated that after the discrepancy in his identity information was 
noticed, he requested his release, but was told he couldn’t be released 
that same day. Süslü continued,

“They told me, ‘We apologize, we can’t release you, and there was a 
mistake, we apologize for that.’ They released me one day later.”


Of all the places one could stay in and enjoy Antalya...



























Süslü stated that the incident not only deprived him of his freedom but 
also harmed his professional life and social circle, claiming that various 
rumors spread about him after his imprisonment. Süslü, who works in 
the real estate sector, said, “Rumors have spread that I served this 
sentence because I defrauded some clients. I can’t work anywhere right 
now. My contracts have also been cancelled.” Expressing that the events 
negatively affected him psychologically and economically, Süslü said, 
“My life has been turned upside down because of a mistake. For 10 days, 
I told the police, the gendarmerie, and the prison guards that I wasn’t 
there. Nobody cared.”

He filed a criminal complaint against the officials. Süslü, who claimed 
that he stated for 10 days that he was not the person being investigated, 
said that he received an apology after his release. Süslü stated,

“After serving my sentence, they released me from the hospital saying, 
‘Sorry, we apologize.’ It hurt me deeply to have spent 10 days in jail for 
a crime I didn’t know about. I was unjustly imprisoned for 10 days, and
 my reputation was ruined.”

Following these events, it was learned that Süslü filed a criminal 
complaint against the officials he claims made a mistake. Süslü is also 
preparing to file a compensation lawsuit for the injustice he suffered.




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder