18 Mayıs 2020 Pazartesi

TNT Coronavirus Edition: Escape From Paraguayan Quagmire


türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Milliyet Newspaper, 18 May 2020)

escape from bolivian oblivion click here for a previous 
TNT report about another Turk who went to Sao Paulo
from Bolivia for the THY evacuation flight.

Ben geçtim sınır kapandı - Son Dakika
   In quarantine, but happy to do it here rather than there.

Seventy Turks who for one reason or another became stranded in
South America during the coronavirus pandemic have been brought
back to Turkey on a Turkish Airlines (THY)  flight.  One of the
evacuees is businessman Selçuk Güney Larranaga:

"I went to Paraguay to visit a customer but because of the COVID-19
pandemic I couldn't board my return flight on 27 March. Since the
airport was closed and there was a 'stay-at-home' order, I started to
wait. Then I learned from our consulate in Sao Paulo, Brazil, that
there would be an evacuation flight from there on 6 May.


Ben geçtim sınır kapandı - Son Dakika
                          Every one of them has a story.

So I got a diplomatic document from the Spanish Embassy in
Paraguay that allowed me to leave Paraguay on foot.  My local
business associate drove me to the Paraguay-Brazil border 350
kilometers away and I crossed the border on foot in two hours.
After that, I took a 16-hour bus ride to Sao Paulo and made it to
Grualhus Airport in 24 hours.

The airport was due to be closed down until December, two days
after our evacuation plane took off.  We reached Istanbul and I'm
currently in my 14-day quarantine period.  I feel really lucky
because I would have had to stay in South America until the end of
the year, when my 7-month-old son would have been a 14-months-old."

world by population printable sao paulo brazil beaches






Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder