30 Mart 2023 Perşembe

"Beat & Release": What's in a Name? - "Gunpowder" Explodes and Stabs Wife to Death, in Istanbul

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 30 March 2023)














                   Didn't take much to light his fuse.

In Kâğıthane, Istanbul, Şener (28) and Sultan (27) Barut (whose surname
means "gunpowder" !) married nine years ago and had two children
together.  Sultan hanım, though, left to live separately because of abuse
at the hands of Şener bey.  On 14 January, Şener bey stabbed his wife to
death and turned himself into the police. 

In his statement, Şener bey explained that "my wife was conversing with
a person name Şahin she met on social media.  I wanted to make up with
her so first I went to a shopping center and bought some toys for my 
children.  While in the store I noticed a knife and I bought it to scare my
wife if it turned out that she was reluctant to get back together with me. (!)
I went to the house with the intention of making up, but instead, she 
insulted me.  To scare her I pressed the knife to her chest.  I didn't intend
to put so much pressure on the stab but I lost control and what happened
happened.  I didn't want to kill her, just scare her." (!) 

However, in the related indictment, the Istanbul public prosecutor stated
that by buying the knife Şener bey showed intent to murder and so he 
should get life in prison.  The prosecutor dismissed Şener bey's claim
that Sultan hanım had cheated on him as just an excuse to avoid his
penalty.   



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder