2 Kasım 2021 Salı

"Twitch & Shout" for 'Cyst Operation' (a.k.a. Breast Implants) Money

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 2 November 2021)














                            Geçmiş olsun Didem hanım!

Hoodwinkers who collect money by means of emotional exploitation
on social media find new victims every day.  One of these platforms
is Twitch and Didem Şener used it to turn her plea for money for a
"cyst operation" into cash for silicone breast implants. (!)

Şener has admitted to the fraud, explaining that "it was one of my first
videos and I just did it for fun.  My friends and I said let's start a 
donation campaign because I was watching 20-30 of them.  I thought 
that if I asked for donations for breast implants it would be 'ayıp' 
(shameful) so I asked for money for a 'cyst operation' instead. (!)  
Was what I did right? No, it wasn't. The fake medical report I used 
was a complete 'troll' (joke).  After the 'cyst operation' posting I 
changed it to 'breast aesthetics'."

Twitch was established in 2011 by Justin Kan and Emmett Shear
for video gamers to share videos.  It is a lot like Youtube.  Users
can do live broadcasts and collect donations from their audience.
'Twitch' was bought by Amazon in 2014 for $970 million.  According
to an advertisement in July 2020, Twitch has 7.5 million active users
who are watched 15 million times each day. The monthly total is 140
million viewers. (!) 















                                   These kids today...

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder