12 Mayıs 2022 Perşembe

TNT Road Rage Edition: Six Taxi Drivers in Bat-Scimitar Attack on Customer, in Istanbul

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 12 May 2022)















                                 Post-ouch recovery.

Olcayto Okur and his friends got into a taxi at the Samandıra metro 
station at 2330 hours on the night of 6 April in order to go to work.
According to Okur, the taxi driver thought that a black bag in the hand 
of his friend contained alcohol so he screamed "are you drinking alcohol 
during the holy month of Ramazan??!!  Get out of my taxi!!"  

Okur and his friends got out of the taxi and boarded another one but
the first taxi driver said that he would file a police complaint against 
them.  It turned out that the second taxi driver was the first's older 
brother (!) so Okur and his friends had to get out of that taxi, too
after an argument with the second driver.  (!)  

At this point, Okur left his friends and began to walk down the street.
However, he was pursued and attacked by six taxi drivers brandishing 
bats and scimitars.  Beaten into unconsciousness, the drivers left Okur
for dead.  But he came to in a pool of blood and noticed that his wallet
was gone.  

Based on Okur's complaint, the public prosecutor filed charges against
driver brothers İrfan and Ayhan Karakaya.  Statements were taken from
the other drivers involved in the incident.  İrfan Karakaya explained 
that "Okur and his friends wanted to drink alcohol in my taxi. When I
said no they got out and I went off elsewhere."  Brother Ayhan Karakaya
told police that "they were cursing at another taxi driver and I said 'I
won't allow drinking alcohol' so they began to insult me, too.  When
they got out of my taxi they came on to me so I swung the bat in my
hand to protect myself."

Ayhan Karakaya was jailed, while his brother İrfan was released on 
condition that he not leave the country and sign in at a police station.

As for Okur, he stated that "I tried to appease them but in vain.  Six
of them attacked me with bats and scimitars.  They stole my money
and left me for dead.  I called an ambulance when I awoke and spent
four days in the hospital.  I got a report confirming that I did not have
alcohol in my system at the time of the incident.  Such people ought
not be allowed in society.  In the first place, we're their customers so
they are betraying their profession."
















                  Driver Ayhan Karakaya, in happier times. 



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder