11 Aralık 2020 Cuma

"Beat & Release": His Very Skewed Sense of 'Honor'

 türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 11 December 2020)














She's masked-up, but COVID is the least of her worries.


In Çiğli district of Izmir, Savaş D. saw his ex-wife Dilan İ. leaving her
home with Cuma B. so he came up alongside the car the couple was
sitting in and fired on it with his 'pompalı tüfenk' (pump-action rifle).
Cuma B. was wounded in his midsection and Savaş D. bundled Dilan
hanım into his own car, kidnapping her.  

Police subsequently raided a mountain home in Foça and rescued
Dilan hanım, taking Savaş D. and his brother Yakup D. into custody.
The 'D' brothers were jailed and Dilan hanım was taken to a safe 
house.

Dilan hanım explained that "I'd been getting threats from my ex-
husband continually so I got a restraining order against him. On 
the day of the incident, he said he would shoot me if I didn't get
into his car.  After cutting my mouth, nose and ear as a lesson (!),
he said he would kill me to avenge his honor.  We're divorced!
What honor?!  I started a new life with my children, whose 
psychology is in turmoil because of him.  I want to have my
voice heard! I don't want to die and leave my children motherless.
I'm under guard but my relatives are still being threatened."

























                         Foça is a bit NW of Izmir city.




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder