25 Ekim 2021 Pazartesi

Social Media Battleground Casualties Keep Mounting

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 25 October 2021)














                                  Smile now, sue later.

Dubbing artist and writer Oya Pervin Pelit requested jail time for actress
Elif Fatma Baysal (67), whom Pelit accused of violating a 2-month 
restraining order and of threatening and insulting her and her family.  The
court agreed and ordered that Baysal be jailed for three days. 

According to a protection suit filed in Istanbul Family Court, Baysal
posted threatening and insulting messages on her social media account
targeting Pelit, who claimed that as a result she and her family were in
danger from Baysal.  The court approved a 2-month restraining order 
against Baysal, who did not desist.

In one posting, Baysal said of Pelit: "what a dishonorable, styleless,
no-good person you are! Followers of my page are astonished that 
you are still out and about.  Bury your head in the sand and prove 
you're a human being. You are shameless, brazen-faced!  You are one
of society's black sheep.  I'm ashamed of the years I worked with you!"

 "You denied your debt, swallowed my hard-earned money.  When I
gave you the money I was an angel for you but afterwards...now I have
to tell people who you really are.  I'm after you! Like Azrail (angel of
death)."

Based on Pelit's legal complaint about this posting, the court ruled that
Baysal would spend three days in jail.  Objecting to this, Baysal, who
makes a living as an actress in 'dizi' (TV soap opera) programs, said
"despite giving some of my hard-earned money to the plaintiff as a 
loan, she has so far ignored my repayment requests.  The court has
deemed my postings as insults. If I have to go to jail then my 'dizi'
work will be negatively affected and cause me financial and spiritual
distress.  Additionally, in light of my lung cancer and hypertension
illnesses, I request that this jail sentence be voided."

Nevertheless, the court rejected Baysal's plea and ruled that the 3-day
jail term would be enforced. 



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder