15 Ekim 2022 Cumartesi

"Beat & Release": Alleged Harasser Gets ' Me Too' Vigilantes' Beating, in Kadıköy

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 15 October 2022)














          One ladies' man who can't keep them away.

A group of women posted the name and photographs of Ö.Ç. (21), 
whom they accused of harassing women, and then beat the man in
public in Kadıköy, Istanbul.  

The women's group, Yıldız Technical University Solidarity, posted
the information about Ö.Ç. on social media the day before yesterday
to "out" him.  The group accused Ö.Ç. of verbal and physical sexual
harassment of women students at the university and elsewhere. 
After they beat Ö. Ç., the group posted this message: "this person is
responsible for many attacks and yesterday after an attack he made
in front of the library on the Davutpaşa campus he got his just desserts
in Kadıköy!.  We will not allow sexual attacks!"  The group added that
they will not let Ö.Ç. come to the university's campus. 

For his part, Ö.Ç. explained that "I met a girl named G.G. a while ago.
I took her picture and wanted to give it to her.  We chatted on social 
media and when she came to campus I went up to her and gave her
the pictures and a letter I wrote to her.  I approached her but I didn't
try to kiss her.  She rebuffed me so I left."  

"While I was on the metro I got a message from her, inviting me to meet 
her at a café in Kadıköy.  On my way I thought about two possibilities - 
she wanted a relationship but it was too soon, or some of her male friends 
would be there to meet and intimidate me.  When I got to the café her 
girlfriends confronted me, saying "do you admit that you harassed this 
girl?!"  I didn't answer but they went ahead and began beating me.  They 
surrounded me.  All I remember is that one of them was screaming my 
name and my school and calling me a sexual harasser.  I'm filing a 
complaint against them.  I'm not that kind of guy."  (!) 

























                         Role model is Johnny Depp.

Legal experts weighed in on the matter, with lawyer Maşallah Marat
opining that the women attackers could be charged with inciting hatred
among the populace.  On the other hand, lawyer Çağla Gül Bulut said
that as long as the government doesn't protect women these kinds of 
incidents will occur and create chaos.  





  








Yıldız Technical University's Davutpaşa campus (A) and 
Kadıköy, right. 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder