4 Kasım 2022 Cuma

"Beat & Release": Drug Addict Says Devil Made Him Kill Mom; Judge Doesn't Buy It, in Bursa

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 4 November 2022)













                                      An idle mind...

In Nilüfer district of Bursa province on 12 February drug addict  
Muhammet Ergül (25) approached his mother Azime Akman (48)
and his step-sister M.A. (13), grabbed a knife and began to do harm
to himself.  As the Azime hanım and M.A. sought to intervene Ergül
slashed his mother's throat, killing her, and injured M.A. with a total
of 10 stab wounds.  

Police apprehended Ergül and he said in court that "the devil told me
to kill her! (M.A.) Then my mother intervened and the devel said 'kill
her too!'"  Explaining further, Ergül said that "nine years ago I began
using methamphetamines and I started having serious psychological
problems.  At that time I was living in the village but when my mother
and stepfather split up I moved in with her.  Two days before the 
incident I used meth and alcohol.  I thought that the other guys at the 
factory thought I was strange and a drug user.   I came home and 
considered suicide.  I don't know what happened next. I'm regretful." 

The judge, however, reprimanded Ergül, saying "you took the drugs
of your own volition. Can we let anyone who takes drugs do whatever
they want, claiming that I wasn't myself and I don't remember?!"



 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder