11 Nisan 2023 Salı

"Beat & Release": Arrested and Released 3 Times, He's Re-arrested in Murder of African Student, in Karabük

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 11 April 2023)














                       Fourth time's not his charm.

Jeannah Danys Dinabongho İbouanga (17), known to her friends as "Dina",
was a student at Karabük University, preparing to study in the school's
machine engineering department, before her body was found in the 
Filyos stream on 26 March.  In the course of the related murder
investigation of the Gabon native Dina, 8 individuals, 3 of them 
foreigners, were taken into custody.  Following interrogations, 3
of the 8 were released on judicial supervision. 

Last week, Dursun Acar, whose car Dina rode in, was taken into custody
3 times but released by the court each time.  However, the Karabük 
public prosecutor objected and Acar was taken into custody for a 4th
time, based on new evidence, and arrested as a "strong suspect".

While being taken to a hospital for a health check, Acar was asked by
reporters "did you kill Dina?", to which he replied "I didn't do it. I took
her into my car, thinking she was hurt, and then she got out of my car. 
There's nothing else. I didn't kill her."  But when leaving the hospital
Acar was asked "why did you take Dina into your car?".  In reply, he
answered "an injured girl lept in front of my car so I took her in so 
that I could take her to a hospital."



















Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder