14 Mayıs 2023 Pazar

"Beat & Release": Pepper Spray Defense Saves Woman During Ex-Hubby's Attack, in Istanbul

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 14 May 2023)














                 And worst of all, he's allergic to pepper!

On 4 May in Sultangazi district of Istanbul, Derya Muslu (46) was on 
her way to see the public prosecutor in regard to threats from her 
ex-husband Muzaffer Meral (63).  En route, however, Meral shot at
her three times and one of the bullets hit Derya hanım in her stomach.
She had gone to a police station the night before about Meral's threats.

As Meral shot at Derya hanım, though, she counterattacked with pepper
spray, forcing Meral to flee.  He was soon arrested and jailed, while
Derya hanım was taken to a hospital for treatment of her stomach wound.


























Derya hanım related that "at midnight he sent me photographs with guns
and the message 'I'm going to kill you!'  This prompted me to go to the
police station where they told me I should go see the public prosecutor
in the morning.  I took leave from work and went with reports about his
beatings and the restraining orders I've had on him for three years.  I 
have young children and after he shot me I thought I'd never see them
again. Then I get a 'geçmiş olsun' ((get well soon)) message (!) from him
the morning after his attack from another phone number. Luckily, the 
day before I had bought pepper spray - if I hadn't sprayed it at him he
would have killed me for sure. The police have put guards at the hotel
for me."



  


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder