18 Eylül 2022 Pazar

"Beat & Release": Her "Suicide" Attempt Fails, Suspect Boyfriend Goes Free (twice!) but Now in Jail.

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 18 September 2022)












      His slogan was "Hey, I can't get arrested!". Until now.

In the Kavaklıdere neighborhood of Ankara's Çankaya district, nightclub
singer Ebru Sultan Bozdağ (32) was brought to a hospital on the morning
of 5 September by her boyfriend Hasan Karabudak (26) and his father. 
Karabudak claimed to the hospital police that Ebru Sultan hanım 
attempted suicide because he wanted to break up with her and that the
gun she was holding went off when he tried to take it from her. (!)

Karabudak was released by the police after giving his statement but
following treatment, Ebru Sultan hanım stated that Karabudak had 
become jealous of nightclub patrons who admired her and the couple 
argued: "he threatened to kill me and my family and started to beat me.
Then he took out a gun from his waist, grabbed me by my neck, and 
shot me from behind my back.  He took me to the bathroom but the 
bleeding wouldn't stop so he took me to his father's house.  Still, the 
bleeding wouldn't stop so they brought me to the hospital."

Subsequently, Karabudak was taken into custody again and repeated
his first statement about "suicide".  The court noted that Karabudak 
was not a flight risk and the need remained to gather more evidence and
determined who fired the gun.  So he was released again. (!) 

However, the public prosecutor objected to the release and a higher 
court decided that Karabudak should be arrested for attempted murder
and he was put in prison to await trial. 




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder