5 Eylül 2022 Pazartesi

"Beat & Release": She Gets 'Honor Beating' and They Get Released, in Istanbul

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 5 September 2022)














As brother recorded defender-of-honor in action, so did a 
security camera.  Nevertheless, they both walked away free.


In Ümraniye, Istanbul, Funda Altinyay (36), the mother of two children,
was followed for 10 months by her estranged husband Ferit Altınyay 
and his brother Yusuf Altınyay.  When Funda hanım chatted with Ö.Ş.
as she waited to pick up her children from a course, the brothers, 
enraged that Funda hanım was talking with a man, attacked her with a
metal bar and then attacked Ö.Ş.

Funda hanım stayed in a hospital for 6 days and had to have a metal
plate set in her broken arm.  Based on her complaint, the brothers were
taken into custody but released after giving statements. (!) 

Funda hanım lamented that "I suffered continual violence for four years.
He beat me with a bat and choked my neck with a belt.  I took refuge in
a women's shelter for a while for the safety of myself and the children. 
He made an immoral proposal to me: 'I'm going to bring home my
friend who's a security guard and introduce him to you.'  I told his uncle
about this but the uncle came and scolded me, saying 'this matter is 
closed! If you talk about it people will die.'"

As for the attack on her with the metal bar, Funda hanım said that "I 
had quite a headache when I brought my child to school so I sat in 
the garden of the village chief's office next to the school.  A fellow 
stopped and asked me if I was alright.  My estranged husband and his
brother were following me all the time, saying 'If you leave the house
we'll cripple you, kill you.'  On the day of this incident, they said to me
"you are still representing our honor. How could you speak to another
man?!  You've dishonored us!'  Then he hit me with the metal bar and
his brother hit me in the face."




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder