25 Şubat 2023 Cumartesi

"Beat & Release": Malaysian General Returns to Aid Earthquake Victims 25 Years Later

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 25 February 2023)














                                         Payback

Many rescuers from around the world have come to the earthquake-
stricken region since 6 February.  One of them is Brigadier General
Amran Amır Hamzah of the Malaysian Army, who received medical
training at the Ankara Gülhane Military Medical Academy (GATA) 25
years ago.  (!)

Right now, General Hamzah is caring for earthquake victims at a field
hospital set up by the Malaysian Army in Çelikhan district of Adıyaman
province.  He noted that "up to today we have treated 620 people.  I'm
paying back the debt I owe to Turkey and I'm very glad to be here."

General Hamzah first came to Turkey in 1989 for a Turkish language
course at the Army War Academy and started his training at GATA
the next year, finishing in 1998, when he returned to Malaysia.  He
recalled that "when I first came to Turkey I wouldn't finish all the 
bread given with a meal but over time I got used to it.  I love Turkish
food and when I was in Turkish language class I learned about Turkish
culture and music.  My favorite actor was Kemal Sunal and I listen
to Sezen Aksu, Mirkelam, İbrahim Tatlıses and Hülya Avşar."




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder