3 Kasım 2023 Cuma

"Beat & Release": Drug Addict Son Stabs "Devil"...uh Mom, in Bolu

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 3 November 2023)














In Bolu's Mudurnu district at about eight-thirty at night on 1 May, 
İbrahim Akyol (33), a drug addict, stabbed his mother Fatma Akyol
8 times, but she was able to break free from him and survived. 
Akyol was arrested and charged with "attempted murder, with intent,
of a family elder", with a sentence of 20 years in jail requested in the
indictment prepared by the public prosecutor. 

Akyol's trial began yesterday in court in Bolu and his statement as
recorded in the indictment was read out: "I stabbed my mother knowingly
and on purpose. I tried to kill her for God's approval because it was Satan,
not my mother, who I tried to kill.  I'll try again the first moment I can
get out of here.  I have no pity or regret. I did it for the delight." (!)



                             What's a mother to do?

Akyol added in court that: "I was high on dope that day and had a crisis.
I want to be released." (!)

As for the victim, Fatma hanım, she said that she would not file a 
complaint against her son, noting that: "that evening he was high on
drugs so he didn't do it knowingly."  The case was postponed in order
to await a report from the police lab regarding Akyol's mental health.
In the meantime, Akyol will remain in jail. 



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder