27 Ağustos 2021 Cuma

Razor Blades, Leeches and 'Hacamat' Cups for (or against) Your Health in Istanbul

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 27 August 2021)


















You might want to check with your insurer about coverage.

In Esenyurt, Istanbul, realtor E.B. (35) got advice from a friend about 
trying 'hacamat' (cupping glass on skin) and leeches for her health
problems so she went to a flat in Fatih district's Aksaray neighborhood.

However, (!) when E.B. returned home she fell ill and was taken to
a hospital.  Subsequently, she filed a complaint at the police station.
When police went to the address they pressed the button marked
"sağlıkçı" (health-giver) and then raided that flat, finding all sorts of 
medicines, needles, prescriptions, gas cloths and cups used for 'hacamat'.  
In the refrigerator they found leeches and olives.  Two people in the 
flat were taken to the police station for questioning and released.  
The flat was sealed shut.












,


                  "Hanging out a shingle", doorbell-style.

E.B. explained that "The word 'sağlıkçı' was written on the bell so 
that was the first thing that raised my suspicions.  Nevertheless, I
said 'what the heck' and tried it.  I said I wanted 'hacamat' and leeches
applied to my private area. The I felt the cut of a razor blade to draw
blood instead of using leeches.  When I got home I could hardly stand
and there was lots of blood."  

I remember saying 'Mom, I'm dying!' but after that I don't recall anything.  
I woke up in the hospital with a doctor scolding me for having gone to 
such a place for 'treatment'.  He told me that, in any case, leech treatment 
is not done in one's private areas and that I would have to stay in the 
hospital for 24 hours until the bleeding stopped.  I was on the verge of 
death.  It was the first time I tried such a thing and the last!"





















           Aksaray "sağlıkçı" is his Turkey franchisee.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder