31 Ağustos 2021 Salı

"Beat & Release": Husband-assisted "Suicide" in Van

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Sabah Newspaper, 31 August 2021)














     Suicide isn't painless, especially when it's not suicide.

In Van last April, Çiğdem Ergin (23) 'fell' from the third floor and was 
seriously injured.  After the incident, her husband Sinan Ergin was 
questioned but released, claiming that his wife had tried to commit 
suicide.  However (!), after many days in intensive care, Çiğdem hanım 
was able to tell police that Ergin had thrown her from their balcony. 

After a renewed investigation, Ergin was charged with deliberately 
trying to kill his wife.  Nevertheless, Engin remains free, under judicial
supervision. 

Çiğdem hanım explained that "I've been married to that killer for 6 years.
Both he and his family subjected me to psychological torment, which
was even worse than the physical suffering I endured.  On the day of 
the incident, I went to get a cake for our daughter's birthday.  I saw my
husband eating with a women in their workplace and later on, when 
he came home we argued and he hit me in the eye."  

"I called the police and said I wanted to be taken to a shelter.  Hearing 
this, my husband began to choke me.  After that I don't remember 
anything.  I was in a coma for 27 days and in intensive care for 35 days.
When I woke up everyone asked me 'why did you try to commit 
suicide?!'  I was bewildered because that killer told everyone I'd tried
to kill myself!"

"I gave the police my statement and the real situation came out. Yet,
that killer is still walking the streets.  While I'm bedridden he's going
from wedding to wedding, posing. And he's telling everyone 'I'm 
innocent and I'm free from her.'  I'm barely alive.  Will justice be done
when I'm dead? I'm just 23, with two children, and getting by with
help from my family.  I have plates in my neck and left leg, after 
having spent 3.5 months in the hospital. Why isn't he being punished?!
He's telling me to rescind my complaint and if I don't give him the
children, there will be blood.  It's not just me who's at risk, it's my
whole family."
  







Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder