10 Mart 2022 Perşembe

"Beat & Release": Boxer Gets Punchy in Courthouse, Released & Rearrested

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 10 March 2022)














                            "What would Mike Tyson do?"


Boxer Gökhan Yılmaz came to the Anatolia Courthouse in Kartal, 
Istanbul, on 4 March to give a statement concerning a brawl he was
involved in.  Yılmaz wanted to speak with public prosecutor O.S.,
who was running the related investigation, but he punched both the
secretary at the entrance and O.S. when he entered his office. (!) 

Yılmaz also injured two other secretaries and a security guard who
tried to intervene.  He was finally subdued and taken into custody. 
In his statement, Yıldız explained that "I definitely did not want to 
harm anyone. I'm a boxer. If I wanted to harm someone I could.  I
want to be released to await my trial."

Contrary to the prosecutor's wishes, the court released Yılmaz but
the prosecutor objected to the release and had a higher court issue
a warrant for Yılmaz's arrest.  The day before yesterday, Yılmaz was
arrested and had this to say: "I have complaints pending about a 
loanshark and the prosecutor has looked at this file.  When I was
telling him about the case, he said to his underlings 'take care of 
this' but I insisted (!) that he handle it."

Ultimately, the court decided that there was sufficient evidence 
with regard to Yılmaz having committed the crime of "intentional
wounding" and that if released he might flee, as well as threaten
the injured parties and witnesses.  So the decision was made to put
Yılmaz in jail.


















                                  Role model.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder