29 Mart 2022 Salı

"Beat & Release": One Birthday and a Funeral, in Ordu

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 29 March 2022)














           Killer kept police rescuers waiting at the door. 

In Ordu, Eda Evli (22)  alerted police that she was in danger via the 
KADES alert system on the night of 24 March.  However, police arrived 
too late and found Eda hanım's dead body at the scene.  Her boyfriend 
Sinan Şimşek (36) was caught while trying to flee. 

Şimşek explained that "I divorced my wife for Eda. But after I got
divorced she left me flat and started to run around with other guys.
The night of the incident was my birthday.  We went to the shore and
drank but Eda wanted to go to a nightclub so we did.  There, though,
Eda spoke harshly to me.  Afterward we went home and started to 
drink some more."

"But Eda continued to insult me, hit me and started screaming.  I hit
her twice and she fell next to the bed, continuing to scream.  I was 
going to go to the door to open it for the police who had come (!)
(because of Eda hanım's KADES alert).  But because I was drunk
somehow I found a rope in my hand, put it around her neck and pulled
it up, telling her to stop screaming."  

"I wasn't trying to strangle her but then her voice went quiet.  Sometimes 
she faints so I thought that she had fainted this time, too.  Meanwhile, 
the police kept on banging on the door. I smoked a cigarette, drank some 
water and washed my hands in the bathroom (!).  Then the police came in. 
I learned from the health team that Eda had died." 



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder