22 Mart 2022 Salı

Billionaire Bankamatic Brothers Hit the Jackpot, in Samsun

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 22 March 2022)

                                              "What?"

Brothers Recep and Emre Gezek, who live in Samsun, transferred 16
billion TL (a bit over $1 billion!) to their own account from their bank's
system somehow.  Taking full advantage of this windfall, the brothers
bought luxury cars and telephones for themselves and sent money to
relatives so they could pay off their debts. 


Recep Gezek (26), who works at a gas station in Samsun, opened a 
joint bank account with his brother Emre Gezek.  They were able to
transfer billions of TL from the bank's investment account to their own,
making nearly 70 transactions in one day to put 16 billion TL in their
account. 

Subsequently, while going to a massage parlor (!) they encountered 
a police checkpoint and were found out.  Their account has been frozen
but the brothers were released under judicial supervision.  Now, a team
of digital security experts and finance inspectors are looking into the
incident.

Hürriyet has obtained the brothers' statements.  Herewith, Emre bey's:
"There was no money in the account so I looked at the bank's investment 
account and there was a menu item that read 'withdraw money' and then
'how much?'.  So I wrote an amount off the top of my head and each 
time I did that much money went into our account.  I did this 60-70 
times and it worked each time.  Right away, with the money I bought
myself a telephone and then sent 300,000 TL to a dealer for a BMW.
I withdrew 40,000 TL from an ATM. The total amount I got was 16
billion TL."

"I told my elders about it and we all agreed we should pay off all our
relatives' and neighbors' debts.   The bank put a stop on the account 
for a 'security reason' but then they lifted the stop.  Two days later 
they called my brother Recep, saying 'there's quite a bit of money in
your account. Where did it come from?'  In response, Recep told them
that 'my brother transferred it from the investment account to our 
savings account'.  Then they asked him 'you have this amount of 
investments?' and Recep answered 'if I didn't, I wouldn't have withdrawn
so much.'   Then they blocked the account again. We didn't hoodwink
anyone. I don't know how it happened.  We were going to donate the
money to the country." (!) 

As for Recep: "We got word to all our relatives and sent some of them
money, but then the bank called them and wanted the money returned.
If this was a crime why did they allow me to transfer money like this
for two days without blocking it?  I sent the money to my relatives as
a good-hearted gesture.  If I had bad intentions I would have taken the
16 billion TL and gone abroad."



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder