14 Eylül 2023 Perşembe

"Beat & Release": A "Cain & Abel" Redux 30 Years Later, in Bursa

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 14 September 2023)














                                  Field of (bad) dreams.

In Bursa's Kestel district, farmer Selami Kurt (55) borrowed money from
a loan shark to pay his debts.  He then gave the loanshark and friends he
owed money to the phone number of his brother Şaban Kurt (54), the
father of two children.  Selami then began to put pressure on Şaban for
money to pay the loan shark by the end of this month.

Unnerved by repeated phone calls, Şaban blocked his brother's phone.
Enraged, Selami told his relatives "Şaban is driving me crazy! He won't 
answer my calls but I have to talk with him.  He's creating problems! 
I'm going to shoot him!"  Sure enough, last Thursday the two brothers 
came face to face in a field and Selami shot Şaban to death with a 
hunting rifle he uses for hunting pigs.  

Selami then called local authorities and said "I killed my brother.  Send
the Gendarmerie."  Later, Selami asserted that "Şaban had a rifle, too. If
I hadn't shot him he would have shot me!  I regret what happened."

In a tragic coincidence, 30 years ago in the same field, the brothers'
father Latif Kurt killed his deaf and dumb brother Nurullah Kurt with
a sythe over an inheritance dispute. (!)




 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder