19 Eylül 2023 Salı

"Beat & Release": He Posted Mosque Whiskey Bottle Photos; "Catch Me!" - They Caught Him, in Ataşehir

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 19 September 2023)














                                Challenge accepted!

S.Y.Ö. (18) shared photos he took of whiskey bottles in a mosque and
declared "I'll turn myself in if they can find this mosque out of 3,200
mosques!"  The day before yesterday S.Y.Ö. was arrested and explained
"I just took the photos as a joke." (!)

S.Y.Ö. shared the photos on Reddit and this caused quite a negative 
reaction on social media.  He challenged authorities to find the mosque
in question, saying "let them look at the camera images from 3,200
mosques and if they find the one then I'll meekly come to the police
station."  It was quickly determined, though, that the mosque was the
Kanuni Sultan Süleyman Mosque in Ataşehir, Istanbul.  S.Y.Ö. was
arrested and charged with "publicly inciting the populace to hatred and 
enmity."

In his statement to police, S.Y. Ö. said "my family is very religious and
I've had very fierce arguments with them. In reaction, I developed a 
hatred toward religion.  My aim was not disrespect. I'm very regretful.
I never thought it would spark this kind of an outcry over an insignificant 
posting.  Now my life is in danger.  I didn't drink alcohol in the mosque.
I just took the pictures of the bottles as a joke. The energy drink and 
glasses were empty."

They could...






Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder