19 Ekim 2019 Cumartesi

She Flings 'Weaponized' Handbag at Abuser, Goes to Jail


türkçe  links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 18 October 2019)

çanta silah sayıldı 1 gün hapis meryem karalök ile ilgili görsel sonucu
                      Ready! Aim! Fire!

In Adana in 2018, Meryem Karalök went to the courthouse
with a police guard for a hearing related to the suit she filed
against her estranged husband Cerrah Karalök for insulting
her.  At the courthouse Meryem hanım encountered Cerrah
bey and, claiming that he insulted her again, she flung her
handbag at him. (!)

Consequently, Cerrah bey asserted that Meryem hanım had
"injured my manly pride" by this attack and he filed a
criminal complaint against her for "simple assault".  As a
result of the case, Meryem hanım was sentenced to 5 months
in jail because her handbag was deemed to be a weapon. (!)

çanta silah sayıldı 1 gün hapis meryem karalök ile ilgili görsel sonucu
       In happier (pre-handbag) days...

The jail term was converted to a 3,000 TL fine but Meryem
hanım failed to pay it, claiming that she was not notified.
Meryem hanım was summoned to the police station for not
paying the fine and thrown in jail on her birthday. (!)  Her
relatives came up with the money and Meryem hanım was
released from jail after spending one day inside.

Meryem hanım lamented that "I've suffered beatings at the
hands of my husband for 17 years.  He broke my arm, killed
the child I was carrying in my womb and spilled hot water
on me.  For all that he did to me he never spent one day in
jail.  But I went to jail for throwing my handbag at him! (!!)


adana haritası ile ilgili görsel sonucu


 




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder