23 Ağustos 2024 Cuma

"Beat & Release": Prosecutor Tries to Sort Out Messy Love Triangle, in Istanbul

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 23 August 2024)














Hypotenuse of alternate universe triangle test prosecutor's ken. 

On 14 August in Istanbul's Küçükçekmece district, Öznür Akkaya (23) 
was stabbed in the back and killed by her estranged husband Gökhan 
Akkaya (27), when she rejected his offer to get back together. 

In his statement to police, Gökhan bey "explained" that: "When I saw
that my wife was messaging with our upstairs neighbor Abdulatif Ali
(24) we argued.  I broke her phone and warned Ali to stay away from
my wife.  Later I learned that my wife ran away with Ali."

In his statement to the police Ali "explained" that "I'd known
Öznür hanım for four months and she became my lover.  She left home
and came to me on 3 August.  On the night of her death we left work
at about 9 o'clock at night and went to İkitelli to have dinner.  Gökhan
saw us on the bus, forced us to get off and chased me away, after which
I went to the police station to report the incident."

However (!), the public prosecutor investigated the matter and determined
that on 15 June Öznür hanım had attempted suicide, and had filed a 
complaint with the prosecutor on 1 July, asserting that Ali had sexually 
assaulted her (!).  The prosecutor found out, as well, that Ali had a police 
record for crimes including "sexual assault", "threats" and "robbery".  

In addition, on 6 August, 8 days prior to her death, Öznür hanım had
filed a complaint with the prosecutor against Gökhan bey for "intent to
wound" and obtained a restraining order against him. 

Map also depicts prosecutor's tangle of calculations.




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder