5 Temmuz 2021 Pazartesi

An Apache's Atatürk T-shirt Story

 (Provided by a friend of TNT)

I stopped at a gas station in America.

As I was going back to my car, a pick-up truck came alongside me.
A fellow got out of the pick-up and I couldn't believe what I saw.
So I asked him, "why are you wearing that t-shirt?"

I expected him to tell me quite a story but that wasn't the case.
His story wasn't convoluted or anything like that.

I said to him "do you know who the person is on your t-shirt?"
He tried to say 'Atatürk' but couldn't quite pronounce it.
So I said "you can't even say his name so how is it you're wearing his
t-shirt?"

Here's the story: 
He told me that "I heard his name when I was a kid."  (this fellow
wearing the t-shirt is now 72.)
So I said "what did your parents say about him?" (I figured I'd learn
more from what his parents told him than he could tell me himself.)

The fellow in the pick-up was an Apache from Nevada. He told me that:
"my parents said that the one thing missing for us was a leader like him,
in order to gain our freedom.  Freedom is everything."

Then he told me that "I went to San Francisco and people were selling
t-shirts all over the place. So when I saw this t-shirt my parents' words
about him came to my mind so I bought it."

This fellow doesn't know anything about our ((Turkish)) history.  The
only thing he knows is that "this man (Atatürk) gained freedom for his 
people and my parents dreamt of someone like him!"

I asked him to let me take his picture so I could share it with all of you.
In response, he said "sure, you're from Atatürk's country. Of course, you
can take my picture."

The lesson friends is that we aren't aware of what we have, but the rest
of the world is.

















                                  Hmmmm.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder