3 Haziran 2024 Pazartesi

"Beat & (No) Release": Ex-Football Chief Can't Stay Outta Jail, in Bursa

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 3 June 2024)













 
               "Let me out so I can't right my wrongs!"

Emin Adanur, a former president of the Bursaspor football club, was 
arrested in April along with three friends for beating up two lawyers
and a court official who came to seize Adanur's house.  The suspects
were arraigned in a Bursa court and served 35 days in jail before 
being released on judicial supervision. 

However, Adanur was arrested again three days later (!).  This
time the charge against Adanur concerned his fraudulent promise to 
28 people to sell them houses.  The court considered him a flight risk,
prompting the order to put him in jail again.  

For his part, Adanur lamented "I was in jail for 35 days and I 
just got out.  During that time there was no activity at my building
site.  I ought to be there to redress the victims' damages but I can't
if I'm in jail.  I ask that I be released under the strictest of judicial
controls."

Concerned for his victims' welfare...




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder