7 Haziran 2024 Cuma

"Beat & Release": Deviant Fails in Rape Attempt, Succeeds in Killing Bicyclist, in Konya

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 7 June 2024)














          In a strange twist, he turned himself in to the police.

In Selçuklu district of Konya province on 4 June at about 6 o'clock in the
morning, university student N.Ü. (24) left her dormitory and began 
walking.  She soon realized that a car was following her.  The driver
got out and ran toward her with a knife in his hand.  The attacker then
pressed his knife against N.Ü.'s left wrist and began to sexually harass
her.  In a panic, N.Ü. bashed her coffee thermos against the attacker's 
head, prompting him to flee.  N.Ü. reported the attack to the police.  

Later that same day an individual named Ali Akdağ (23) called police 
to inform them that he'd been involved in a car accident.  When police
arrived at the accident scene they found Akdağ next to his car - plate
number 07 AKS 956 - and learned that he had struck and killed 
bicyclist Cihan Mert (31), an architect.  The police then realized that
it was Akdağ who had harassed N.Ü. earlier in the day. 















                   Deviant's innocent collateral victim.


Akdağ was taken into police custody and jailed.  N.Ü. explained that
"I didn't know what I could do with my back up against a wall.  He
had his knife pressed against my wrist and said 'Come with me.'  I 
hit him with my full coffee thermos four or five times and screamed.
He fled and a policeman who heard my screams gave me shelter in his
home.  That's how I was saved."




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder