16 Haziran 2024 Pazar

"Beat & Release": Wife's Phone Messages, Real or Imagined, Prompted Hubby to Kill Her and Step-Uncle, in Istanbul

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 16 June 2024)














These cell phones are gonna be the death of all of us. Remember
the good old days?...
















In Istanbul's Bağcılar district on 10 September last year, İslam Keleş (41)
shot his step-uncle İsa Ergün (45) four times in a car and then his wife
Yeliz Keleş (32) at their home with two bullets.  İslam Keleş faced a
judge for the first time in the Bakırköy courthouse and "explained" how
this mess happened: 

"I really don't want to talk about it. Everyone should feel their pain and
I should serve my sentence.  I saw that messages had come to my wife's
phone from İsa and I read the messages aloud to my wife. Then we began
to argue.  I looked outside and saw that İsa was approaching so I grabbed
my gun.  He and I got into my car and I shot him twice to scare him (!).
But he attacked me so I had to shoot him twice more.  Next, I went in
the house and was met by my wife holding a knife in her hand.  So I
shot her twice."

The judge noted that an expert witness had determined that there were
no messages exchanged between İsa bey and Yeliz hanım (!).  In any
event, the case has been postponed until some missing elements are
cleared up. 






Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder