9 Ekim 2023 Pazartesi

"Beat & Release": Deviant on Bus Tries to Buy His Way Out of Trouble, in Istanbul

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 9 October 2023)














                Turns out, money can't buy everything. 

M.A., a student from Turkmenistan attending a university in Istanbul, 
boarded the Metrobus at Haramidere in order to go to her school last
Tuesday morning.  As M.A. was sitting on the bus she felt some contact
on her leg and saw that Bekir B. was the culprit.  She screamed and other
passengers began beating Bekir B.  The bus driver called the police and
both M.A. and Bekir B. were taken off the bus at the Sefaköy stop. 

M.A. and some witnesses went to the police station to file a complaint,
while Bekir B. was taken into custody.  M.A. explained that "I got on the
bus, which was very crowded.  I sat down and a man was standing next
to me. I felt something warm on my leg and then I felt something wet (!).
I screamed and the man cooly headed toward the rear of the bus. But 
others had seen what he did to me and began to beat him.  After we went
to the police station he said to me 'can we solve this problem with money?'.
I don't want his money! All my clothing is at the police station. I wouldn't
want anyone to go through what I've been through!" Bekir B. was thrown
in jail.

Ladies are advised to bring pepper spray on board.





Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder